Living on campus is part of being fully engaged in college life. We provide a home away from home with new friends and old friends and allow you to learn where you live. Campus life is both spiritual and social. Our Resident Assistants are there to guide and mentor you; residence halls are there to make you feel safe and comfortable. Being a part of the OKWU family means establishing friendships that last a lifetime.
Enrollment Commitment & Housing Form
Residential Life Information and Policies
- Resident Assistants (RAs) are student leaders within each living area who serve as a resource, offering support and facilitating community for residents.
- Resident Directors (RDs) are professional, live-in staff members who provide leadership and supervision for the resident assistants.
- Buildings and Grounds (B&G) manage the logistical and infrastructural needs of the residential community on campus. B&G is responsible for maintenance as well as the cleanliness of all public areas in the residence halls. Students are responsible for the cleanliness of their dorm rooms.
Triple and Double Occupancy
- Triple Occupancy — Every room on the OKWU campus (with the exception of Wesley Hall) has potential to be a triple occupancy room. In this arrangement, students will share a bedroom with two direct roommates. If a student lives in a suite-style dormitory (Chapman or Colaw Hall) where two rooms are adjoined by a bathroom, then that student will have two direct roommates and three suitemates. More furniture including a triple-bunked bed, an extra dresser, an extra desk, and chair are provided to accommodate the students.
- Double Occupancy — Student will share a bedroom with one direct roommate. If a student lives in a suite-style dormitory (Chapman or Colaw Hall) where two rooms are adjoined by a bathroom, then that student will have one direct roommate and two suitemates (4 total). All triple occupancy rooms have the potential to be double occupancy if space permits, based upon enrollment and residence hall capacity.
- Room Rates — Students living in a triple occupancy room will receive the triple occupancy rate. Students living in a double occupancy room will receive the double occupancy rate. If occupancy changes throughout the course of a school year, the student will be charged for their new respective occupancy, effective immediately. These housing charges will be prorated to the time of year of the occupancy changes. This policy remains consistent, regardless of reasons for moving and/or consent of all residents involved.
- Housing and Roommate Notifications — Students who have completed the Housing Application and submitted the $250 enrollment commitment will be notified via email of their housing and roommate assignment. Roommate contact information will be provided if allowed.
- Residence Hall Curfew — OKWU has a campus-wide curfew of 2:00 am every night. Students are expected to be in their respective residence halls by this time. Doors will be locked by campus security at curfew.
- Open House — Residence hall Open House hours provide students with the opportunity to host guests of the opposite gender in their dorm room. Open House hours are Sundays from 1:00 – 8:00 pm, Tuesdays from 6:00 – 10:00 pm and Thursdays from 6:00 – 10:00 pm. All halls will be open for visitation during these times.
- Off-Campus Housing — Oklahoma Wesleyan University is a residential campus. All unmarried students who are enrolled for twelve (12) or more credit hours of academic credit are required to live on campus. Commuter students living with parents and students 22 years of age or of senior status (90 credit hours or more) may apply to live off campus.
365体育备用网址Members of our community are encouraged and expected to live by standards that uphold a healthy lifestyle. We encourage all students to follow the scriptural admonition found in 1 Peter 1:16 and 17: “But just as He who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: ‘Be holy, because I am holy.’” In our attempt to encourage each student to understand and experience a community that honors the Lordship of Jesus Christ, the faculty, staff and administration at OKWU will mentor, and disciple all students to live a blameless or holy life. Through the balanced use of challenge and support (i.e. informal mentoring relationships and formal institutional discipline) all students will be encouraged to live a Christ-honoring lifestyle.
365体育备用网址In keeping with the distinctive Christian nature of our community, Oklahoma Wesleyan University establishes the following lifestyle expectations and standards.
The OKWU Community Standards include, but are not limited to the following:
- All students comply with the university policies as a matter of respect for the community as a whole.
- All students demonstrate mutual respect and courtesy to one another, faculty and staff. Physical abuse, verbal abuse, threats, intimidation, harassment coercion and/or other conduct which threatens or endangers the health and safety of any person will not be tolerated.
- OKWU is committed to maintaining a drug and alcohol-free community. Being under the influence of, in the presence of, using, possessing or distributing alcohol, illegal drugs or possessing drug paraphernalia, on or off campus, is a violation of these standards. Failure to comply with these policies will result in police involvement as well as university sanctions.
- OKWU affirms that sexual relationships are designed by God to be expressed solely within a marriage between a husband and wife.