May 2020 Graduates
Aug. 8 Commencement Information
OKWU’s in-person Commencement ceremony for May 2020 Graduates will be on Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 11:00AM CT in Lyon Chapel and Fine Arts Center.
to attend. Additional protocols will be in place to provide a safe and healthy day for all who wish to attend. Here are some details for you to consider:
- A Commencement ceremony for you will be held in the OKWU Chapel on August 8, 2020, at 11:00 am CT.
- May 2020 Graduates must by July 15 to attend the Commencement on August 8, 2020. Seating is limited. Free tickets will be mailed to the address submitted in the RSVP form.
- If you are unable to attend August 8, please contact us with questions about future Commencements.
- Because of seating protocols, you will be issued a limited number of tickets for family and friends to celebrate with you on August 8, 2020, if you RSVP for this event.
- OKWU would like to provide you and your registered guests a complimentary boxed lunch immediately following the ceremony so you can enjoy our beautiful campus. If the weather doesn’t cooperate, we will ask everyone to space out for lunch in the Lyon Chapel and Fine Arts Center. Please bring blankets and lawn chairs for you and your guests.
Health & Safety
- There will be no physical contact (i.e. handshakes, hugs, etc.) by any OKWU personnel on August 8, including the ceremonial side-by-side picture with the President of OKWU.
- All those in attendance will be required to wear a mask (OKWU will provide these for all), with the exception of speakers and graduates when walking across the stage.
- All in attendance will be required to have their temperature checked upon arrival at the Lyon Chapel and Fine Arts Center. If a person has an abnormal temperature (100.4 degrees Fahrenheit/38 degrees Celsius or higher), he/she will not be allowed to participate in or attend the ceremony. Thank you for understanding.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available for all attendees.
Virtual Ceremony Information
365体育备用网址OKWU held a virtual ceremony on Saturday, May 9, 2020 at 10:30AM CT to celebrate. The graduates’ names were called alphabetically by school. We invite all to watch the ceremony @OKWUniv and .
OKWU STUDENT EMAIL
Access to your OKWU student email has been extended through December 31, 2020 to allow for OKWU faculty and staff to communicate with you regarding your postponed commencement.
DIPLOMAS & TRANSCRIPTS
- If your alumni mailing address has changed since completing your graduation application, you will have the opportunity to update it in the link above. OKWU will make the address you submit in the link your address of record with OKWU. However, if at any time in the future your address changes, please update it using this link.
- Diplomas were mailed to you within 4-6 weeks after your degree was conferred, which is the last date of the term/semester when all graduation requirements were completed. Transcripts are available for order within 7-10 days after the end of the term through .
- Contact the Registrar’s Office with any questions.
- If you would like to formally invite family and friends to your commencement, consider ordering online from .
CAPS, GOWNS, HOODS, & CORDS
- OKWU has mailed you your cap, gown, hood, and honor cords if your account is paid in full. For questions about your account, contact Trad Student Accounts if you are a traditional student or AGS Student Accounts if you are an AGS student.
- Please contact Melissa if the address has changed. Your honor cords and hoods will be given to you at your rehearsal. For caps and gowns, please try them on ASAP to ensure a correct fit. For any other questions or concerns, please contact Melissa or call her at 918.335.6434.